Thieves and Scoundrels (Flash Fiction Challenge #3)
Would your characters try to swindle a dragon out of his treasure? Perhaps they’d try to steal the fastest spaceship in the galaxy? Or are they after something a little more sinister that’s in need of taking? Where ever and when ever they take place, the stories of these Thieves and Scoundrels will take hold of your imagination and ransom it back to you.
“Thieves and Scoundrels” holds 20 stories from 18 established and break out authors from all over the English speaking world; USA, UK, Australia and Canada.
As written by our Special Guest Reviewer, Marie Bilodeau:
...when Absolute XPress challenged writers everywhere to write about thieves and scoundrels in an epic, gripping, and very brief story of 1,000 words or less, I was stoked.
Many writers answered that challenge, and we’re pleased to present you with this selection of winners. I can’t thank them enough for broadening my definition of thieves and scoundrels even further. Their approach to the theme and their writing are what placed them on the top, and we hope you enjoy these stories as much as we do.
The winning stories and authors include are:
- Krista D. Ball – A Royal Scheme
- Matthew Stroescu – A Gal’s Got to Eat
- John Jasper Owens – Honey
- Jay Raven –Wreakers
- Andrew Magrath – Stolen Time
- Pete “Patch” Alberti – A Chat over Drinks
- Gerald Costlow – The Lucky Thief
- James Beamon – Love is Beautiful, Stealer of Hearts
- Marc-Anthony Taylor – Soul Search
- John Hazlett – Jack of Hearts
- Jay Raven –Strings
- Josef Melton – Old Friends and Old Whine
- Diandra Linnemann – Emerald
- Jodi Cleghorn – The Chameleon
- Stef Donev – Too Much Magic
- Gail Sosinsky Wickman – A Spell of Luck
- Sarah Melton – Chance of a Lifetime
- Jacob Edwards – The Big One
- David L. Craddock – The Master’s Lesson
- Jay Raven – A Taste of Revenge
Imprint: Absolute XPress